Hello there. My name is Katherine (please, call me Katie), and I am the author of Human Textuality.
I’m also a freelance writer, editor and marketer. In the summer of 2011 I left my full time job to pursue this dream, and so far, I’m very happy with my decision. If you’d like to know more about what I do, please visit my Portfolio Page.
Facts about me:
- I am a writer by trade.
- I am a (somewhat reluctant) Midwesterner, probably for life.
- I spent eight years in and out of colleges and majors, finally graduating in 2007.
- I am a blissful wife, and married my best friend of six years in 2005.
- I’m usually hungry. This is why I often end up eating the results of a Haphazard Recipe that comes about by chance and generally without much measuring. I share many of them with you here, and even offer the occasional Smart Cookie Tip.
- I’ve flown over the Atlantic Ocean six times, two of those times in first class.
- I found out I was pregnant four days after putting in my two weeks at a full-time with benefits job… in the wake of the recession.
- I became a mom on Saint Patrick’s Day, 2012. It was 80 degrees and sunny in West Michigan that day.
- I am half Dutch, one quarter Irish, an eighth German and an eighth Welsh. I identify most strongly with the Irish (and no, the St. Pat’s delivery was not planned).
- I have one very vocal cat and one very small, very old house.
- I find cooking and gardening therapeutic, and do not like taking unnatural shortcuts in either.
I like to write about health, food, sex, death culture, human progression in these areas, history, being Irish, budget and natural living, and myself.